Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Week 6 Reflections...

After viewing three other different digital storytelling videos, I feel that there is so much more that I could have done! I didn't even realize the other resources that I could have used to create my digital storybook. There was an ABC rap, a story about being a lion, and even a nursery rhyme illustrated with pictures! It is fun to see also how creative we all can be within this one assignment. I would like to create another storybook, but maybe use different media... like videos, pictures that I have actually taken, and especially music. I also liked the way that many people used their voices to narrate and illustrate what was happening. I felt that mine was a little monotone when narrating my story.
As for different adaptations within the classroom, there are many that I could do in order to teach a kindergarten or first grade class. I could first of all, show the video a few times, so that the grade level would get used to it, and maybe sing or say the words along with the video. I could also make a digital storytelling book with the words written accross the bottom of the screen as they are being said so that the students can get used to reading and hearing these words said. Since this is a much younger age group, I would also find digital storybooks or create ones that have more visuals with words, and even ryhmes, so that I can increase phonemic awareness within this age group and help encourage them to read and understand more.

No comments: