Thursday, December 4, 2008

PLE Reflection on Internet Safety Readings

For the fourth article I read a talk given in a priesthood conference session, by President Gordon B. Hinckley, titled "A Tragic Evil Among Us". Some of the most important things I learned from the readings involved the widespread reach of the internet and media to every household and place, where it can affect so many. If we do not become aware of the dangers out there, we will be more susceptible to the evils out there, as well as be innocent to the different kinds of protection that is available to us. We need to avoid the evil in the media, which includes not only the internet, but also to movies, games, music, and much more. We also need to talk about these influences in our homes and their affect in our lives. They can be a great influence for good or evil in our families, depending on how we use them. I plan on making sure my family is aware of these dangers, and in so doing, I hope to protect my family, friends and other loved ones from the evil influences of the media.

No comments: